In order to monitor the social-economical impacts of the project a set of indicators addressing the social and economic aspects connected with the project will be defined. The selection of improper indicators to represent a phenomenon, could conduct to take incorrect decisions and then to adopt ineffective policies. The main function of the socio-economic indicators is the synthetic representation of the problems analysed,
taking care in preserving the informative content of the data. At the same time the selected indicators should allow to adopt a suitable point of observation in order to take a really representative photograph of the issues concerned. Previous experiences in all the scientific, social and economical sectors clarified that in order to get good analysis and observation tools, indicators have to be characterized by 4 essential properties:
relevance of phenomena as regards the general situation; easy understanding of the indicator and its trend;
reliability of the synthetic representation with regard to the overall problems; accessible data about the analysed problems. Furthermore, the adoption of aggregate indicators allows to increase the visibility of relevant themes, making them accessible to a wide public, satisfying the need of information demanded by common people.
The collection of the necessary data for the calculation of the defined indicators will be performed through the production and distribution of ad-hoc questionnaires addressed to APM srl, Polynt Spa, Imperial Srl and the suppliers involved.
Therefore at least the following indicators will be calculated (in comparison with the conventional process):
o Economic indicators:
1. Direct economic value generated [%];
2. Reduction of raw materials costs [%]
3. Reduction of energy costs [%]
o Social indicators:
1. Number of new job positions regarding the application of the project [n°]
2. Training activities for the employees involved [n° hours]
3. Number of stakeholders involved in the project (at supply chain level) [n°];
4. Reduction of health and safety risks [%];
The activities of this action will be performed at the UNIPD departments. This action will start from month 1
and will end at month 24.
The activities will be performed by:
- this activity is focused on the synthesis and characterization
of fluorinate compound for industrial, bio-medical and waste water treatment application. Expert in the field of
sustainable management of water and waste management. He is responsible of many contracts with private
and public entities;
- Technician expert in laboratory analysis on the synthesis and characterization of fluorinate compound and polymers used in the treatment of surfaces and in industrial, bio-medical and waste water treatment application. Expert in data monitoring and laboratory analysis.
Got involved in several national and EU projects;
Constraints and assumptions:
Expected constraints and risks are connected with the lack of primary data and information coming directly from the field. These constraints and risks will be overcome through the use of proxy, data from scientific literature, benchmarking with other studies.
Beneficiary responsible for implementation: UNIPD-DII